Mengenal-Mu
Bila kubuka mataku (When I open my eyes)
Dan lihat wajahMu (And look at Your face)
Kuterkagum (I am amazed)
Bila kulihat hidupku (When I look at my life)
Dan karya tanganMu (And all the works of Your hand)
Kutersanjung (I am honored)
Kar'na semua yang baik (Because all good things)
Dalam hidupku (In my life)
Itulah karyaMu (They are Your wondrous works)
Kau b'ri k'sempatan yang baru (You give a brand new chance)
Dan kuingin mengenalMu, Tuhan (And I just want to know You, God)
Lebih dalam dari s'mua yang kukenal (Deeper than all that I've ever known before)
Tiada kasih yang melebihiMu (There is no greater love than Yours)
Ku-ada untuk menjadi penyembahMu (I was meant to be Your worshipper)
This is the song that is currently playing on the blog. You can read the original lyrics as well.
I've never heard of any Indonesian song before, not to mention a Christian song in Bahasa Indonesia. The first time this song was first heard in church was during the Emerge 2005 Conference when Sidney Mohede - a young pastor/worship leader back in Indonesia, first came to our church to lead worship.
Yesterday night at the overnight prayer meeting, I was surprised to see him yet again! He led worship and sang this song as well. The presence of the Lord was so thick in the whole auditorium! Although i was physically tired but somehow by His strength i just pulled through and last night i felt i had much more energy!
Sidney is an amazing talented guy. And more importantly, full of anointing. These days i've been playing this song over and over on my comp, my MP3 player etc.. and letting the meaning of the words sink slowly into my head.. I just feel like tearing listening to the song.
I decided to paraphrase the lyrics a little so that it fitted well rhythmically to the music and the original Bahasa Indonesian lyrics while keeping the original translation intact. And this is wat i've come up with. It is but my own paraphrasing and is not in any way meant to subsitute the original translated lyrics in English by the original composer and lyricist.
When I, open up my eyes
And look into Your face
I am so amazed
When I, look at my life and..
All the works of Your hand
I am honored
Because, all of the good things
That are in my life
They are Your wondrous works
Oh Lord, You give me a brand new chance
And I, I just want to know You, God
Deeper than all that I've known before
Because, there is no greater love than Yours
Oh, I was made to worship You my Lord
It's a beautiful song :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, my dearest CG surprised me by turning up at my place.. I was supposed to have an extended family gathering to celebrate my 21st bday and i had no idea my mum had invited them along.

I thought it was just gonna be our own family gathering and dats it.. But yeah these guys surprised me.. and yeah made me do some really crazy things which i'd never ever forget in a long time to come!!! I WUN FORGET IT!!!!!
They made me burst balloons on the ground with my barefoot,

wear a pink balloon headress on my head,
shout out loud that i love them all very much (they made me mention their names individually...) so that the whole wide world could hear,

sing a Korean song,
do the 'extraordinary' dance,
and they made me do the following:
Read Out Loudly And Clearly. (The words in BOLD three times as loud)
Ben is a very handsome guy. Ben is very talented and a real gentlemen. WAH! What else can I say?!
Ben is indeed a real gem!
Yeah but i knew all these already and you didnt have to make me proclaim to the world right.. :P WHAHAHAHAH!
And they made me do somemore silly things like pick a polo sweet out of a tray of flour.. and the consequences of those are evident:






I tell you, flour up your nostrils.. not a very nice feeling after they coagulate with your mucus.. :P :P




They gave me a very cute toy that could record voices and play them back too~
And yes they wanted to make me eat chilli padi as well since i loved chilli so much..
But i got a really nice looking T Shirt from them as well!

Well, yeah so everybody had fun..... AT MY EXPENSE LAH! :P






I think with these pics here, i'll never be able to get married already... my supposed beginning of adulthood has ironically marked the end of my hopes.. Friday night 8th July.. A DAY OF INFAMY!! No lah kiddin WAHAH! But yeah, from the bottom of my heart, thank you guys :P I really enjoyed myself. And for those of you who are approaching 21.. *evil grinz* heh heh heh..
Dan lihat wajahMu (And look at Your face)
Kuterkagum (I am amazed)
Bila kulihat hidupku (When I look at my life)
Dan karya tanganMu (And all the works of Your hand)
Kutersanjung (I am honored)
Kar'na semua yang baik (Because all good things)
Dalam hidupku (In my life)
Itulah karyaMu (They are Your wondrous works)
Kau b'ri k'sempatan yang baru (You give a brand new chance)
Dan kuingin mengenalMu, Tuhan (And I just want to know You, God)
Lebih dalam dari s'mua yang kukenal (Deeper than all that I've ever known before)
Tiada kasih yang melebihiMu (There is no greater love than Yours)
Ku-ada untuk menjadi penyembahMu (I was meant to be Your worshipper)
This is the song that is currently playing on the blog. You can read the original lyrics as well.
I've never heard of any Indonesian song before, not to mention a Christian song in Bahasa Indonesia. The first time this song was first heard in church was during the Emerge 2005 Conference when Sidney Mohede - a young pastor/worship leader back in Indonesia, first came to our church to lead worship.
Yesterday night at the overnight prayer meeting, I was surprised to see him yet again! He led worship and sang this song as well. The presence of the Lord was so thick in the whole auditorium! Although i was physically tired but somehow by His strength i just pulled through and last night i felt i had much more energy!
Sidney is an amazing talented guy. And more importantly, full of anointing. These days i've been playing this song over and over on my comp, my MP3 player etc.. and letting the meaning of the words sink slowly into my head.. I just feel like tearing listening to the song.
I decided to paraphrase the lyrics a little so that it fitted well rhythmically to the music and the original Bahasa Indonesian lyrics while keeping the original translation intact. And this is wat i've come up with. It is but my own paraphrasing and is not in any way meant to subsitute the original translated lyrics in English by the original composer and lyricist.
When I, open up my eyes
And look into Your face
I am so amazed
When I, look at my life and..
All the works of Your hand
I am honored
Because, all of the good things
That are in my life
They are Your wondrous works
Oh Lord, You give me a brand new chance
And I, I just want to know You, God
Deeper than all that I've known before
Because, there is no greater love than Yours
Oh, I was made to worship You my Lord
It's a beautiful song :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, my dearest CG surprised me by turning up at my place.. I was supposed to have an extended family gathering to celebrate my 21st bday and i had no idea my mum had invited them along.
I thought it was just gonna be our own family gathering and dats it.. But yeah these guys surprised me.. and yeah made me do some really crazy things which i'd never ever forget in a long time to come!!! I WUN FORGET IT!!!!!
They made me burst balloons on the ground with my barefoot,
wear a pink balloon headress on my head,
shout out loud that i love them all very much (they made me mention their names individually...) so that the whole wide world could hear,
sing a Korean song,
and they made me do the following:
Read Out Loudly And Clearly. (The words in BOLD three times as loud)
Ben is a very handsome guy. Ben is very talented and a real gentlemen. WAH! What else can I say?!
Ben is indeed a real gem!
And they made me do somemore silly things like pick a polo sweet out of a tray of flour.. and the consequences of those are evident:
I tell you, flour up your nostrils.. not a very nice feeling after they coagulate with your mucus.. :P :P
They gave me a very cute toy that could record voices and play them back too~
But i got a really nice looking T Shirt from them as well!
Well, yeah so everybody had fun..... AT MY EXPENSE LAH! :P
I think with these pics here, i'll never be able to get married already... my supposed beginning of adulthood has ironically marked the end of my hopes.. Friday night 8th July.. A DAY OF INFAMY!! No lah kiddin WAHAH! But yeah, from the bottom of my heart, thank you guys :P I really enjoyed myself. And for those of you who are approaching 21.. *evil grinz* heh heh heh..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home