하나님의 통역! 神様の翻訳家! God's Translator!: I Seriously Kissed Dating Goodbye..

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Seriously Kissed Dating Goodbye..

Today as i was helping my mother shift some books from the shelf of the office, i found out that we had Joshua Harris' "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" sitting in the house all along! And i wouldnt have found out about it until i shifted those dusty books!

So i picked it up, believing dat i could learn something out of the pages of this book. I read the first 4 or 5 chapters today and one of the key premises i caught was the author telling us not to go dating unless we are prepared to be committed to marriage. If we are not, we should remain single and learn how to serve God and others in a Christ-like way, others including the opposite sex. According to the author, our singlehood is a time where we would realise some of our greatest potential when we put God first :)

This got me thinking.. So i asked myself wat did dating mean to me..

Well, dating in my definition of terms is where 2 members of the opposite sex meet up one on one to engage in recreational activities for the purpose of getting to know each other better. To understand better, it would be more like "asking someone out".

So dating to me is a pretty serious thing and means the following:

1. I will never date a stranger :) dat's for sure. So blind dates are a no-no for me.

2. I will only "ask someone out" if i am serious about that person. By serious, i mean the following:

a. I have known the person for a substantial amount of time and have had considerable interaction and communication; aka an established friendship based on respect and trust.

b. I am interested in the person as she is, for who she is.
c. I have made a commitment to work towards the goal of marriage with this person.

d. I have closed my heart to other possibilities, with only this person whom i want to make right with. So, i don't harbor thoughts of other girls. I.e my entire being is focused on this person, to know her more, to meet her needs, to work towards being more Christ-like. That is, a decision to be totally committed to the girl.

e. I don't play games or test the waters.

Yeap, so dating to me is something almost sacred.. I only do it with the one whom i have committed myself to.

I'll try to finish up the book as soon as possible and give some updates another time~

2 Comments:

Blogger VeraciA Kex said...

ben, ur blog is becoming a love guru blog already ah... hahaha..

02 March, 2009 00:03  
Blogger Benedict said...

haha! thanks for reading~ hope it helps~ :)

02 March, 2009 00:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home