하나님의 통역! 神様の翻訳家! God's Translator!: Farewell For Now

Monday, October 08, 2007

Farewell For Now

It's been a long while since my last entry :)

Recently i have been doing alot of thinking. More than usual~ My thoughts have been about 2008 :)

Yeah, i think it's gonna be a year which will be impactful, unpredictable, exciting, uncertain.. but in all of these, i think it'll be the year which will stretch me, which will take me to a new level in my life. 2008 will be a defining moment in my life.

For starters, i have already made plans to sign up for SOT 2008. This comes amidst my first year in my family business. And i'll have to quit full-time for 4 1/2 months.. i havent told my dad about it yet but i guess i will have to break it to him after the folks come back from Msia.

And, tmrw is the start of a new semester at the SKS. New teacher, new syllabus.. but i think i wun be going cos i think it'll clash heavily with my Christmas schedule and also i need to save money for next year. Besides this period is the beginning of a new BF campaign. So i need cash.

I estimate that i would stop Korean lessons altogether for a total of 4 semesters, which would set me back from my peers by 4 levels worth. Dat would mean the completion of Advance level 1 which would leave me just one final level before i graduate entirely from this language course. *smiles* Well, no problem at all~ I have to do wat is necessary :) I will just need to divert my focus to somewhere else for the next year. After completing SOT, i'll resume Korean studies. I think by then, i'll have a new fire and passion to learn more!

This break comes as a welcome cos honestly, i find myself losing a little steam. So i think a break from Korean studies will do me well :)

Well, i think ultimately, my biggest need from now till next year will be finances. Without building fund this year.. i'd still have just about enough savings to last me for 4 1/2 months.. But now it seems dat God is calling me to wipe out the bank account and save afresh..

You know, when things like dat happen.. it's all so illogical. And it's all about how much i can trust my heavenly Father to provide for me above and beyond what i can imagine. i am reminded of people sowing their marital savings, or sowing in debt.. And if you go by logic, it will just seem sheer madness. The last thing you'd ask a broke man to do, is to give away his last penny, right?

But dat's exactly what God will ask of us :) Question is are we willing to obey? Are we willing to let go and let God? Are we able to place Him above our very essential needs? I think these are the questions i will be asking myself very hard over the next few weeks and even months.

God, can i trust You to provide for me for SOT fees? Can i trust You to provide sustenance for me during 4 1/2 months of SOT? Lord, can i even trust You to provide me with more than enough for a holiday in Korea next year? Can I trust You for enough to buy that very much needed electronic dictionary?

If Your Word is true, then Lord, from now till next year, i will put it to the test as You have said in Malachi 3:8. Don't forget my tithes to You my Lord. Don't forget my sacrifices to You i pray. My life is in Your hands. Uphold me and keep me. You are my Alpha, and You are my Omega!

I have never walked on water,
Felt the waves beneath my feet but,
At your Word Lord,
I'll receive Your faith to walk on oceans deep.

And I remember how You found me,
At the very same place.
All my failings surely would have drowned me,
Still You made a way.

You are my freedom,
Jesus You're the reason,
I'm kneeling again at Your throne.
Where would I be without You,
Here in my life,
Here in my life.

You have said that all the heavens,
Sing for joy at one who finds the
Way to freedom,
Truth of Jesus,
Bought from death into His life.

And I remember how You saw me,
Through the eyes of Your grace.
And though the cost was Your beloved for me,
Still You made a way.

You are my freedom,
Jesus You're the reason,
I'm kneeling again at Your throne.
Where would I be without You,
Here in my life,
Here in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home