하나님의 통역! 神様の翻訳家! God's Translator!

Friday, January 02, 2004

New Year's Resolution

I dun make new year's resolution and i never have....

BUT JUST FOR THIS FREAKIN ONCE, LET ME BLOODY HELL MASTER THE DAMN SIGHT-
READING!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO F***** MISERABLE DOING IT AND I'M LIKE STUCK ALWAYS..
F***** HATE IT MAN.. I DUN HATE THE THEORY, I JUST HATE IT DAT I CANT SEEM TO
GET BETTER. F*** LAH REALLY.... it's so much harder than i expected it to be, and my
standard of sight-reading is like hell rock bottom....


Okk, now let's see.. i've got until June to be able to sight-read grade 5/6 theory and sight
read WELL. And, the instructor says this: "Everyday, sight-read for 2 hours. In ONE month's
time, you will see improvement."

Ok fair enough, so i sight-read every single damn day, from morning till evening, so why am
i still not improving at all??? Joanne Stevens was telling me not to overdo it lest i lose interest
in it, and i think she's got a good point, i force myself to sight-read even though my brains are
clearly telling me to take a break and i think it's like dead-reading, nothing goes into ur head.


So ok my problems with sight reading are these:

1. I cant seem to coordinate my fingers with my mind. I play the wrong notes because my
mind sees the note but i mistake it for being another note.

2. Basically, i cant seem to get the identification of the note RIGHT.

3. At one glance, i cant correctly identify the note and i take some mind scrambling before
i get it. But then it's too late.

4. I got problems sight-reading with the rhythm as well.

5. I cant seem to read AHEAD of wat i'm playin because my eyes and my brains cant seem
to process the notes fast enough. it's like runnin at 286.. not a bloody pentium 4 which i'd
like to be.


Ok yea those are the problems. I know wat they are but i aint too sure how to go about
tackling them except to keep on sight-reading. But i'm afraid each time i sight-read a note
wrongly, i'd keep thinkin about dat wrong note and play it and dat is like learning the wrong
note which sucks. This calls for some serious serious countermeasures man. The key number
is 6. 6 MONTHS ONLY to sight-read grade 5/6 theory. God, please help me..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home